Ways to Brighten Up a Gloomy Day
It’s a dull, dreary day outside today. We were expecting rain yesterday, but were instead treated to hours of hail followed by the aforementioned rain, which simply leaves a coating of slush on the ground. A day like this makes one wish they didn’t have to leave the warmth and comfort of their lovely homes.
What we need to do is enjoy something cheery and positive to get the blood and energy going! A special treat to get us in the mood to dance and sing! A simple pleasure to make us smile! So here’s our plans to brighten up a gloomy day:
- So let’s begin with a special treat: fresh orange juice, cool and sweet, straight from the fruit! Lots of games of peekabo and playtime with wooden spoons and silly noises to make us laugh and smile.
- Next, a fun trip to the library down the street to pick up a book for me and a chance to browse the colorful board books in the children’s section. (Just two other quick stops at the drug store and the bank while we are out!)
- Back home, a delicious lunch of softened apple chunks and cheese cubes (tomato soup for me!) and a phone call to a friend to set up a playdate for later in the week.
- Story time! Perhaps an exciting adventure from the lovely children’s bible we received as a baptismal gift.
- Daddy’s home! We sit down to a yummy supper of grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. Mmmmm!
- A warm shower and a lot of cuddles follow until it’s time for sleep. We settle down to relax together for the evening before we all head to bed.
It might be cold, wet and slushy outside but we are determined to make a gloomy day just a little bit brighter.
[UPDATE: No pics from the baptism yet! I will let you know when they are there!]
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.