My Must List
there’s a lot of fascinating posts out there describing how to begin your journey into minimalism. I was intrigued by Joshua Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus‘s blog and have been reading their 21 day journey into minimalism. Their first step was their “Must List“, which I really liked. So I thought I would share my own. It is an excellent exercise to get me started on my journey. I will write it up and post it in the bathroom, where I will see it daily.
- I must spend more time playing with my daughter
- I must spend more time relaxing with my husband
- I must spend more time reading the Bible
- I must write every day
- I must read every day
- I must keep my home clean and presentable
- I must reduce my debt
- I must keep in contact with my friends
- I must contribute to our finances
- I must stop wasting time on foolishness
- I must get rid of most of my clothes
- I must sell or donate excess belongings
- I must eat healthy foods at every meal
- I must eat less salt
- I must cook healthy meals for my family
- I must drink 11 cups of water a day
- I must exercise (yoga, Pilates, swimming, walking) 4 times per week
- I must reduce my driving
- I must pray
Wow. What a liberating exercise! I am glad I did that. I expect that this list will grow and change overtime but for now, I feel I have made a good start.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.